My name is Kai Markus – I ́m the crazy one who will run from Germany to China. Although I am really a great sports enthusiast, I ́m not one of the professional athletes who devote their lives to sports. You must be so confused and interested in that why a person as me will do such incredible thing. So now please give me a chance to show you my unbelievable idea and introduce the project–Run My Silk Road to you .
I was born in 1972 in Bavaria – the place where I do love and really influence myself so much. As we all know, Bavarian primary terrain includes Bavarian plateau and the Alps, so it affects my character evidently. I am keen on exercise especially skiing and have been doing sport as a crazy sports amateur. When I was young , my major was gymnastic and even got the chance to be a lifeguard to help people.
There is no doubt I got a lot of fun and experiences from these various activities in sports clubs and competitions . I have learned how to deal with pressure and failure. Grown up in a Catholic monastery I have learned not only how to get well along with different people but also to be brave and strong-willed whilst judging others without prejudices. On the flip side, one of my teachers who has lived in China for nearly 30 years influenced my world outlook a lot , particularly some views of China. In addition to him, my grandparents, as well as Helmut Schmidt, have the great impact on my way of thinking.
I got the license as a gymnastic trainer, so I can train children swimming and skiing meanwhile other kinds of activities which can make children be stronger, strengthen their confidence and be able to deal with pressure which they would get stuck in one or several stages during their lives.
After graduated from school I got a good chance from Dresdner-Commerzbank. I have learned a lot there and was Management Trainer and Manager at Deutschbank. Engaged in banking industry 17 years, I have set up my own parallel company already since 1998 which its main business are about Management and Finance Consulting as well as Education programs.
My company has many clients from different countries, especially from China . I have been to China so often , it is difficult for me to understand all Chinese culture but I have been trying to understand it as much as possible. There are plenty of similarities between Chinese culture and Bavarian, so I have a very close feeling to China, its culture, and society.
With the development of Chinese economy , China has made conspicuous progress in various fields for the past decades. But many people still have the old views about China, when talking about Chinese products equal them to inferior quality. I am sure not all Chinese products are equal to bad quality. For instance, after tried most European medicines and had no remarkable effects on my pain shoulder, I was surprised that the traditional Chinese medicine cured of it.
China is trying to become better and better . Now the new „one road one belt“ and „made in China 2025“ policy really fit my way of thinking.
All these together contributed to my running which has formed in my mind since 2014. In 2016 I am taking actions to come true it.
The motivations for this running from several aspects:
- To connect German and Chinese societies through a cultural bridge.
- To pay my homage to the tow great cultures Germany and Chinese and show that both countries are far away and still very close.
- To encourage young generations to pursue and fulfill their dreams – Where there is a will there is a way.
- To understand Chinese and German and their mentalities better.
- To remind us that what Chinese grand philosopher Confucius said, a journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.
- To show young generations what is the significance of team-work spirit – Weak things united become strong. Alone you can reach many things, together we can reach everything.
Please support and join us, we are sincerely waiting for YOU!
我出生与1972年德国巴伐利亚省，虽然我现在在汉堡工作，但是我的根在巴伐利亚，我热爱我的家乡。从小我就热衷体育运动，青年时我曾经是一名体操运动员，也是滑雪健将，我还是一名德国水上救生俱乐部成员，也曾经做过体操和滑雪教练。正因为有丰富的体育运动和竞技经验，塑造了我坚韧不屈的性格以及超强的抗压能力。坚强的意志力成为我人生中最大的优势。我曾经在天主教修道院学校读书，在那里我学会了人生需要有专注力，强大的内心，以及用不同的角度去看待认识这个世界。 人生中有四个人对我影响最大，一个是我的老师，他曾经住在中国超过30年；一个是德国前总理赫而穆特 施密特，第一个访问中国的德国总理；最后两个是我爷爷奶奶，他们曾经向我讲述过许多关于中国的故事。
- · 于是我想要通过一种特殊的方式，通过丝绸之路长跑runmysilkroad，吸引大家的注意，改变大家的想法。
- · 这同时也吻合了中国提出的“一带一路”的政策，以及“中国制造2025”的目标。
- · 我想鼓励青少年相信他们自己的梦想，相信只要通过努力就可以打造光明的未来
- · 鼓励青少年学习团队合作的重要性，懂得只有集体的力量才可以克服任何困难，取得所有成功。
- · 鼓励世界用一种客观的眼光来认识真正的中国，以及中国的文化和社会，还有中国制造的产品。
- · 作为一个德国人，对质量要求一向很苛刻，所以如果我可以为中国制造发声，相信中国有好的产品，我相信
- · 这也可以在一定程度上改变世界很多人的想法，甚至可以让中国人自己对本国生产的产品更有信心。
- · 丝绸之路长跑全程超过12000公里，会途经各种严峻的地形地貌以及恶劣的艰苦条件，但是我决定全程采用中国制造的装备，以我切身体验来向世界展示中国好的产品。